Saturday, November 27, 2010

30 Days of Truth (Day 04)

Photobucket

Day 4: Something you have to forgive someone for. 

I didn't meet my real Dad until I was 23. My Mom had me when she was twenty. Neither my Mom or my real Dad were ready for me...but of course, my Mom sorta had no choice because she was the one carrying me.  I know more so now that over the years of my childhood he had tried to contact my Mom about me. My Dad (that raised me since I was 2) made sure there would be no contact. I understand that he thought that he had no rights to have contact with me. If he wanted those right he would have been there from day 1. My real Dad pretty much quit trying to contact me until...

He Found me on MySpace! He sent me an email and it took me a minute to realize who "Jon" was. I didn't hesitate to write back. I called him soon after. We called/text-ed for a few months. I actually "met" him for the first time the day before I graduated from nursing school. We continue keep in contact with each other. 

So... I forgive him. I cant say that I never had a Dad, because I did. Wade raised me, and for that I am thankful. My mom had no hard feelings about it....so I never heard a bad word. I am just happy that now I have my "real" Dad.  And hey...now I know where a lot of my characteristics come from!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...